Santa has just started to ring the bell while standing at the front of the mall saying Merry Christmas and you hear a few coins clink in his kettle for the local organization. You hear children laughing and carolers singing but yet something is missing for you.
Everyone around you seems so excited for the holidays, so why aren’t you? Maybe you allowed the busyness of the season to creep in and steal your joy. It doesn’t have to be this way. You just need a minute to breathe, refocus and start again.
Below are a few things to remember along with a few tips to help you deal with the stress of the holidays.
1. Remember The Reason For The Season
This season is all about family, friends and the celebration of the birth of Christ. It is hard when you are not feeling the love and all the loud events that can go with it. Where is that silent night we sing about?
Try taking 10 minutes each afternoon to put your feet up, listen to calming music and add a few peaceful essential oils like:
- Ylang Ylang – Sweet floral scent is known for its a calming effect and promoting a positive outlook.
- Patchouli – A member of the mint family which is widely used for its grounding and balancing effect on emotions.
- Clary Sage – Earthy and calming, Clary Sage is often called a “women’s oil” but it is highly regarded for its support in inducing feelings of relaxation, clarity, and overall calmness.
- Sweet Orange – Uplifting and invigorating, Sweet Orange is a pleasant aroma that energizes and uplifts the mind, body, and spirit.
- Thyme – Warm and comforting, this essential oil is said to ward off nightmares and negative thoughts.
- Frankincense – The King of Oils supports the emotional balance of our mind providing a deep sense of grounding and inner peace.
2. Attitude Of Gratitude!
Take a moment and reflect on your life and remember things to be thankful for because without gratitude, hope cannot live and joy cannot abound.
Relax, diffuse some of your favorite essential oils in your favorite diffuser. Give the Embracing Gratitude blend of Frankincense, Orange and Lavender a try and help create a space of calm, peace and gratitude.
3. Exercise – Stay Moving!
Get up and move each day. We tend to go into hibernation mode during the winter but what we really need to be doing is MOVE! Take 30 minutes a day to go on a brisk walk. Bundle up and take the dog around the block. Play with the kids in the leaves. Walk the mall and listen to the festive sounds of family and music. Studies show exercise helps with mood boosting endorphins, so keep moving!
4. Enjoy But Don’t Indulge Too Much!
Sweets, Sweets and More Sweets at Christmas time. Sugar does a number of things on our body and they aren’t good things so watch your intake during the season so your mind, body and soul will have more clarity and focus. Slender Essential Oil Spray with pink grapefruit, peppermint and orange essential oils spritzed generously along with a big glass of water can help with those head hunger emotionally driven hungrier than Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve feelings!
This holiday season, enjoy the sights and sounds, enjoy your family. Jordan Essentials is here to help so be sure and check out the quality Essential Oils that help make your holidays a little more merry and bright.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please reach out to me. I love giving FREE consultations!