Jordan Essentials is well known for its quality Bath & Body, Skincare, and Hair care products. But did you know that Jordan Essentials can help you with your Spring Cleaning around the house, too? At Jordan Essentials, we believe in providing only the best quality products made from nontoxic ingredients so you can have Healthy Skin and a Healthy Life, and the foundation of a healthy life is a Healthy Home!
Here are a few startling statistics about the average American home and the level of toxicity that may be affecting the health of the families and pets who live there. (How does YOUR home compare?) reference:
- The average home today contains over 150 toxic chemicals – more than a chemistry lab at the turn of the century, and these chemicals have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, headaches and migraines, leukemia, Alzheimer’s, and psychological abnormalities. (Source: Consumer Product Safety Commission)
- Over 50% of all illnesses can be linked to poor indoor air quality. We spend approximately 90% of our time indoors, and 65% of our time at home. Moms, infants and elderly spend 90% of their time at home.
- Toxic chemicals in the home get into our bodies through inhalation, ingestion, and absorption.
- Household cleaners are the number one cause of poisoning in children.
- Many household cleaners contain ingredients like formaldehyde, phenol, benzene, toluene, and xylene, which have all been found to be toxic to the immune system.
- Toxic chemicals in the home can be found in daily use items like household cleaners, cosmetics, pesticides, soaps (laundry, dish, body), air fresheners, and candles.
- Toxins that enter the body must be eliminated through the body’s filtration system, namely the liver and kidneys. If overloaded, the body will store these toxins in fat tissue to be dealt with later. The brain and breast tissue are especially at risk because of the high fat content and rich blood supply.
To reduce the level of toxic exposure in your home, try switching to Jordan Essentials for your cosmetic, bath & body, skin care, and hair care needs. Then, take a good look at what you are using to clean your home. You can replace those toxic household cleaners with Jordan Essentials too!
- HEALTHY HOME CLEANING SOLUTION.
For the month of March, you can still stock up on our exclusive Healthy Home Cleaning Solution which serves as a powerful and effective all-purpose cleaner. Use on most hard surfaces including glass, sealed granite, wood, laminate, tile, plastic, and porcelain. Spray on tubs, showers, sinks, toilets, countertops, floors, outdoor furniture, cabinets, and more. And no need for rubber gloves, either. Light, pleasant fragrance from the tea tree and lavender essential oils, this cleaner is kid friendly and pet friendly too!
- JORDAN ESSENTIALS RESISTANCE ESSENTIAL OIL.
Resistance is a powerful blend of cinnamon, clove, rosemary, lemon, and eucalyptus essential oils that has been found to be an effective tool in combating bacteria, viruses, mold, and mildew. Use the Resistance Blend Spray as a healthier alternative to those cans of antibacterial spray for door handles, faucets, trash cans, counters, and as an air spray.
- DIY SOFT SCRUB.
For those stubborn messes that need a little more elbow grease, try making your own soft scrub. Combine in a glass bowl 3 tablespoons Jordan Essentials Foaming Hand Soap (measure out the liquid from the bottle), 1 cup baking soda, and 15 drops of Jordan Essentials Lemon Essential Oil. Mix together into a paste and store in an airtight glass container. To use, take a small amount on a damp cloth and scrub the surface. If the stains are really tough, let the mixture sit for a few minutes, then scrub and rinse.
- WOOD FLOOR/FURNITURE CLEANER:
In a spray bottle, combine 2 cups distilled water, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, and 10 drops of Jordan Essentials Orange Essential Oil. Shake well to combine. Squirt a small amount on surface, then wipe away with a damp mop or cloth.
- MOLD AND MILDEW CLEANER:
In a spray bottle, combine 1 cup white vinegar, 15 drops Jordan Essentials Lemon Essential Oil, 15 drops Jordan Essentials Tea Tree Essential Oil, and 15 drops Resistance Essential Oil Blend. Shake well to combine. Spray the surface to be cleaned, let sit for a minute, then wipe with a clean cloth. Note: do not use this recipe around pets.
- DEEP CLEAN TOILET SCRUB:
In a squeeze-type bottle, combine ½ cup baking soda, ⅓ cup liquid soap (JE Foaming Handsoap Refill works great), ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide, 30 drops Jordan Essentials Eucalyptus Essential Oil, ¾ cup water. Shake to combine, then squirt into toilet, getting all around the rim. Let stand for 20 minutes then scrub and flush.
- STICKY GOO & CRAYON REMOVER:
Mix together 1-2 squirts of Jordan Essentials Foaming Hand Wash with a drop or two of Jordan Essentials Lemon Essential Oil. Apply directly to the sticker residue, sticky goo, crayon marks, etc. Rub in with your fingers then wipe away with a clean rag.
- FRESH LINEN SPRAY:
Use any Jordan Essentials Body Spritzers or Essential Oil Sprays to freshen sheets, linens, pillowcases, and cushions.
- AIR FRESHENERS:
Use any Jordan Essentials Body Spritzers or Essential Oil Sprays to freshen up a room, or diffuse Jordan Essential Oil Droppers.
With a little thought and some conscientious choices, you can transition your home to a nontoxic haven that supports healthy skin and a healthy life! Don’t forget to open the windows on these beautiful spring days to let some fresh air inside, too! For more ideas on how to make your laundry room more nontoxic, be sure to also check out our blog article here.
For entertainment and educational purposes only. Not endorsed by the FDA. Jordan Essentials does not claim to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure anything.
If you enjoyed this blog post, please reach out to me and let me help YOU decide if this would work for you. I love giving FREE consultations!
Like what you see? I have a FREE newsletter every month that focuses on how to take care of your skin in the most natural way possible, from body and face care, to essential oils and pain relief! Click below to join our community!